What's Wrong With Apple?
What’s Wrong With Apple?
Apple announced recently that they’re pulling the latest iOS update after hundreds of complaints and concerns from users. So what happened? The release of Apple’s iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus has been what we hoped for but scattered with a few bumps on the way. The mass release of U2’s “Songs of Innocence” was met with immediate complaints. It certainly wasn’t the response the band or company was looking for. Now the newest iOS update is being pulled and you can’t help but wonder what’s next?
Apple, however, is working around the clock to fix the bugs and problems within the system. If there’s one thing that you can count on, it’s that they are working hard to fix the glitches. iOS 8.0.1 was just released Wednesday morning to fix the glitches from the original iOS 8 update, only a week ago. The newest iOS 8 update seemed to disrupt cellphone service and Touch ID functionality in a mass of users, as well as a few other concerns including:
- A bug that prevents Healthkit from being launched
- Glitches in third party keyboards
- Failures in the Reachability feature
An Apple spokesperson reached out to The Verge today, September 25, on behalf of the company, “We apologize for the great inconvenience experienced by users, and are working around the clock to prepare iOS 8.0.2 with a fix for the issue, and will release it as soon as it is ready in the next few days.”
Apple also released a temporary band-aid to re-install iOS 8.o
Follow these steps to reinstall iOS 8.0.
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
- Back up your iPhone in iTunes on your Mac or PC. iCloud backups won’t restore to earlier versions, including iOS 8.0.
- Download the file below that corresponds to your device:
- Select the file you just downloaded by doing one of these in iTunes:
- Mac: Press the Option key and click Check for Update.
- Windows: Press the Shift key and click Check for Update.
- Press Update to install iOS 8 on your iPhone.
Apple seems to be the trending topic right now, and not in the best way. After complaints and discrepancies with the iPhone 6 Plus, this YouTube video shows how it does bend. The company has a lot to fix and a lot of customers to please. Here’s hoping they can fix these issues and their name by the time Black Friday rolls around.